Friday, September 18, 2009

Birthday party

Yes, yes, yes, I know I'm behind and Rose's birthday party was, like, 2 weeks ago... YOU try chasing a toddler and keeping up w/a blog! Just kidding. But seriously, she's a lot more work now! But a lot more fun at the same time. This child can crawl and cruise at lightening speed.

And food, well, she decided about 2 1/2 weeks ago that purees were for babies. And she is no longer a baby. Therefore, no more purees. Regular food now. And don't think you can get by with chicken nuggets and french fries, no no, doesn't like either. She wants what Mommy and Daddy (or Nanny and Granddaddy) are having! LOVES golopke (sorry Babcia for the poor spelling), crab, and pickles (you've already seen the pickle video I think...). Pretty much whatever is on our plates is what she wants. AND she's drinking whole milk now! (she also decided that formula was for babies, and well, see second sentence.)

Here's the pix from her first birthday party. As some of you know, after presents somehow she managed to get a shiner (her first one! poor baby) AND a pea stuck in her throat! How she managed that we'll never know, but it came loose at about 10:45pm, after a good 3 or 4 hours of screaming (while I was on the phone with nighttime pediatrics). So we took her to the Dr. anyways, and they told us she's fine, she must be teething. We didn't figure it out until I talked to my Dad who said he'd seen a little boy (during his firefighter days) with an M&M stuck in his throat, but not obstructing the airway. That must have been what was wrong! A PEA!! Who knew??? I'm glad to say that she is just fine now. In fact better than fine, wonderful. Such a happy baby, um, little girl. (sorry Rose!)






The cake so big Amanda thought it was fake!



"Are you all singing to me?"


"You ARE all singing to me!"


"Keep going, don't stop."


She had to have a little help blowing out the candles, but luckily we were not short on helpers!


"I'm about to get MESSY!!!"


"What is this stuff? It's NOT ice cream like I ordered!"


"OK, Daddy, you sticking it in my mouth is NOT the way this is supposed to work!"


"Monsieur, can I PLEASE get some ice cream???"


"Well, wait a minute, this stuff's not half bad!"


"Actually, this is quite fun!"


"YUMMMMM, cake...."


"AND I'm getting messy and Mommy's not cleaning me off! SCORE!!"


SQUISH SQUISH SQUISH


"Mommy, can it be my birthday every day?"


"You're about to take it away, aren't you??? I know what this family picture thing means!"


"But not before one last CUTE picture of me all messy!"


"OK, maybe one more..."


"PRESENTS??? No one told me I got presents! This is the best day EVER!"


"So many gifts, so little time..."

And a special shout out to Kristin, our resident photog... YOU ROCK!!! Thank you for all the great pix. HOW did they get to be a year old!?! Can't wait til Noah's party!!! xoxoxo

No comments: