Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday!!

Happy Birthday Rosie! It's hard to believe she's one already. I was going to post her one year pictures today, but instead I thought I'd do a post dedicated to her first year, so you can see just how much she's changed. And since I didn't start the blog until she was a few months old, some of you have never seen her first pictures. So here they are!


Here's my first glimpse of the princess. I was still pretty out of it, we had a really rough birth experience! Rose was born September 8th by C-Section, despite our best efforts for a natural, drug free birth. She was 9lbs even, and the Dr. was amazed I got as far as I did! She didn't have a name until the nurse asked me what her name was (we were still undecided...), and at that moment I named her Rose Madeleine.


Here she is a little happier about being out in the world. My little glow worm...

These were her Christmas pictures. They were actually taken in November, but close enough. This is when we really learned JUST how photogenic this baby really is!


Her Baptism was absolutely beautiful! Even though she poopied in the middle of it. Apparently no one else heard it, and no one could figure out why Kris and I were hysterically laughing!!


Her first time sitting up w/out help!

Yummy yummy teething biscuits. She still likes them, although most of the time I forget we have them.
Our first time swimming! She loved it. She was kicking her legs and really trying to swim. It was so cute. She's been a fishy ever since.
This is one of her Easter pictures. She is wearing one of the beautiful dresses Babcia gave her.
I was so excited she had enough hair to clip a bow in! It took a while......
Ridin' on Daddy for the first time.
This was our first time at the beach! We went camping w/Kristin, Chuck and Noah. It was too cold to let her play in the sand, but she was fascinated w/the water.
And we finally got a tooth!!! I think it was 3 months between my initial blog post saying I thought it was coming and when it really came in.
Her first time in the outdoor pool. She really liked the beach entrance, she just sat there and splashed.
And her first time in our pool!
Cheerio mania. This was during one of our play dates, and she grabbed Ms. Corie's cheerio bag, and flipped over on her back and opened it. She thought she was in cheerio heaven. Then all the other babies came crawling over to join in the cheerio fun! It was hilarious...
And we finally go some more teeth! At this point she had 4, 2 on top and 2 on bottom, but the top ones were the side ones! She looked like a vampire, it was so cute. Soon after this photo was taken (QUITE against her will) she got the middle 2.

Here she is just being cute!

Learning to pull up took a while. Kinda like crawling properly. But once she masters something, it's on!! She's up on everything now.
Here's the cutie pie last month during her 1 year pictures! She's such a ham...
Well, I couldn't cover everything, but it's amazing how much she's changed over the past year. It's amazing how much our lives have changed over the past year, all for the better.
And though sometimes she's like this:


Most of the time she's like this:


And the absolute joy of our lives!

1 comment:

boulderbuffbaby said...

Awwww--cutest post ever! Thanks for the greatest hits--Robert loves looking at pictures of his cousin Rose--Aunt Kat