For those of you that may not know, about a week ago Rose discovered she could climb out of her crib. Crafty little baby!!! I was awoken to THUD, then SCREAM!!!! I went in and she's sitting on her tush in front of the crib with this completely shocked look on her face. She was not hurt, no bruises, cuts or marks anywhere. Needless to say I was terrified that the next time she did this, she wouldn't be so lucky. SO, we put a sleep sack on her, so she couldn't get her legs spread as far apart (this girl is FLEXIBLE!), and turned the crib around so that the shorter rail was facing the wall. We then frantically started getting the "Pink Room" ready.
So last night we decided to go for it. We put the mattress on the floor and moved her dresser into the room. We gave her a few of her favorite stuffed animals, and a new (to her) ladybug night light (thank you Aunt Martha!!) that puts stars on the ceiling! Daddy read to her, then tucked her in (which lasted about 3 seconds) and then left. She explored the room for quite a while before settling down, half on, half off the bed. We thought she had fallen asleep, so Kris went upstairs to put her completely in the bed, but she was NOT asleep, and was NOT happy to then be left alone again! She fussed for about a minute, then settled back down and played again. Eventually she fell asleep, this time mostly on the bed. There was probably as much playing as sleeping going on, but I'll count it as a success!!!
She's a little tired this morning (well, a LOT tired), so early nap time.
I'm so proud of her!!!
Daddy reading stories before bedtime.
She loves her new ladybug! Thank you Aunt Martha!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment